Tirupati: Two children aged 8 and 10 years were grievously injured on Friday when they were playing with a battery of a mobile phone. The battery reportedly exploded in their hands.
The incident took place at their home near BC Colony in Kurabalakota of Chittoor district and came to light after the kids were shifted to SVR Ruia hospital in Tirupati on Friday.
According to reports, the children identified as brothers Shek Syed, 10, and Shek Moulali, 8, found the battery at a dump yard near their residence and started playing with it. The battery, which had bulged, exploded when it was exposed to the heat of the sun. The children suffered burns on their hands, face and eyes. They are now being treated at the SVR Ruia government hospital in Tirupati.
According to SI Nettikantaiah, the government hospital authorities in Madanapalle informed the police that the Class V and Class III students from BC Colony were brought to the hospital on Friday. Police reached the hospital and came to know about the incident and registered a case.
The parents had first taken the kids to the government hospital in Madanapalle from where they were referred to the SVR Ruia government general hospital for better treatment.
In the right eye of elder boy, the cornea was lightly damaged and the younger one’s face was severely burnt, it is learnt....