Hyderabad: Nine injured in two fire mishaps

Fire engines were deployed to douse the fire.

Hyderabad: Two fires caused by leaking gas were reported in the city on Monday, leaving nine persons injured. In the first incident, five members of a family were injured when a cooking gas caught fire and exploded at a house from where a grocery shop was being run in Domalguda. The gas leaked when the cylinder was being changed, Chikkadpally ACP Y. Narasimha Reddy said. The injured — Gouraiah, Ravikanth, Srikanth, Sulochana and Santhosh were taken to Gandhi Hospital where they were said to be safe. Fire engines were deployed to douse the fire.

In another incident, gas used for welding exploded at a shop at Aliabad crossroads, injuring four persons, Shaik Fayaz, 30, Md Younus and Md Ashraf, both 40, and Md Mahboob Ali, 38. They were shifted to the Osmania Hospital. The incident occurred at about 12.45 pm, Shalibanda inspector said.

( Source : Deccan Chronicle. )
Next Story