Mathura: Dwivedi died of brain haemorrhage, Yadav shot dead, says post-mortem report

SP had got multiple fractures and brain injuries that caused brain haemorrhage and led to his death.'

Mathura: The post-mortem reports have concluded that Farah Station House Officer (SHO) Santosh Yadav died after a bullet hit close to his nose and passed through his skull, while Mathura Superintendent of Police (City) Mukul Dwivedi died of brain injuries and multiple fractures, indicating that he must have been beaten to death by protesters at Jawahar Bagh here.

Divulging details of the post-mortem conducted on the slain police officers, Mathura Chief Medical Officer (CMO) Vivek Mishra told reporters on Friday, "The post mortem was conducted by a panel of four doctors, who concluded that the SHO died after a bullet hit near his nose and passed through the skull. They suspected that the bullet was fired by a powerful gun, but in the absence of the bullet, they found it difficult to ascertain as to which gun was used."

"The SP (City) had got multiple fractures and brain injuries that caused brain haemorrhage and led to his death," the CMO added.

He, however, said, "The 17 police personnel, who were injured in the violence, are stable and recovering."

Uttar Pradesh Director General of Police (DGP) Javeed Ahmed on Friday claimed that the police team that went to Jawahar Bagh to carry out a recce was attacked by goons without any provocation or warning.

Ahmed said the police were planning to clamp down on the goons in the next two-three days, but they attacked police officials ensuing violent clashes.

"We were planning action against the encroachers in the next two-three days. The team had gone for a recce and to observe the situation there for chalking out a final plan. At 5p.m. on Thursday, a small team of policemen went to carry out a recce of the area. At that time, without any cause, without any provocation and without any warning, people hiding in trees opened fire at our men," said Ahmed.

"Later, other people who were standing under trees also started pelting stones and charging baton at policemen. Though police vacated Jawahar Bagh, our two brave officers succumbed to their injuries in the violence," he added.

"We challenged the goons and freed Jawahar Bagh from their clutches. After this, we have initiated an investigation into the attack," Ahmed said.

Meanwhile, the death toll in the violence rose to 22, while more than 40 people reported injured.

Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav has ordered an inquiry into the incident and also announced an ex-gratia compensation of Rs. 20 lakh next of kin to the deceased policemen.

( Source : ANI )
Next Story