Nation Current Affairs 04 May 2016 Simple wedding: IAS ...

Simple wedding: IAS officer shows the way

DECCAN CHRONICLE. | SHRINIVASA M
Published May 4, 2016, 4:29 am IST
Updated May 4, 2016, 4:29 am IST
She and her new husband, Vijay Kumar Kalivarapu have used the money to educate two children from poor families.
IAS officer Pallavi Akurathi getting marreid to Vijay Kumar Kalivarapu, a teacher from Hyderabad	– DC
 IAS officer Pallavi Akurathi getting marreid to Vijay Kumar Kalivarapu, a teacher from Hyderabad – DC

Bengaluru: For some joining the civil services is all about serving the country. They go on to shine in their careers , taking on the role of fearless crusaders in the face of political intimidation.

Showing that her heart is in the right place,  and she could belong to their ranks, Pallavi Akurathi, a young IAS officer of the 2009 batch, who is currently deputy secretary , Department of Personnel and Administrative Reforms,  has done what few dare to do today: Have a simple temple wedding with no lavish spending.  Even better she and her new husband,  Vijay Kumar Kalivarapu, a teacher from Hyderabad, have used the money they would have otherwise spent on their wedding, to educate two children from poor families.

 

The couple, who got  married in a simple ceremony on February 17 at the Sri Subramanya Swami Temple in Ulsoor only in the presence of  both their families, has lost no time in sponsoring the two children.

“One child is studying in class III and another in class VI. We are bearing 70 per cent of their educational expenditure, leaving only 30 per cent to their parents to ensure that they will be allowed to continue studying. We will support them till class X,” the public spirited officer said. “ We want to sponsor a few more children,” she said with a smile.

 

...
Location: India, Karnataka, Bengaluru




ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
-->