Krishnagiri: As many as 90 boys and girls who are students of the government high school were admitted in the government hospital on Friday after eating at the government run noon meal centre.
Students of the Thippachandaram high school near Denkannikottai of Krishnagiri, showed symptoms of vomiting and abdominal pain after eating food cooked in the government kitchen.
“Our children experienced uneasiness after eating food at the noon meal center.
They were taken to the hospital,” 45-year-old Ramesh of Thippachandaram told reporters. He added, “my relative Sivakumar (14) studying in the ninth standard in our village government school was among the other children who are victims of food poisoning.”
This incident came to light after a girl started vomiting continuously after eating food given in the school. As many as 18 others showed similar symptom within a few hours and were taken to the Denkannikottai government hospital.
As the news spread, worried parents rushed to the school. They carried their children to the nearest government hospital. The number of those admitted in the government hospital has crossed 90 so far.
The Krishnagiri district administration has ordered a probe to check whether it is a case of food poisoning, allegedly due to a dead lizard found in the ‘sambar’....