Chennai: A husband and wife are undergoing treatment at the Kilpauk government hospital for burn injuries after the air-conditioner exploded in their house on the wee hours of Tuesday.
The victims, Prakash Menon (55) lived with his wife Bindhu Menon and two sons in an apartment in Shakthi Nagar on the Guindy-Porur Trunk Road. Police sources said the man worked as an engineer in a private company.
According to the police, at 1.30 am, while Prakash and Bindu were sleeping in one room and the two sons were sleeping in the bedroom, the air-conditioner, which was switched on in the hall, exploded.
Police said after the blast, the couple might have attempted to put off the fire suffered burns while trying to put out the flames.
Police also said the couple fell unconscious on hall.
Meanwhile, the Porur patrol police who were on rounds noticed the smoke emanating from the house. here was no response from inside when they knocked on the door.
Following which the police broke the door open and found the couple unconscious with burn injuries.
The fire tenders from the Viruganmbakkam fire station rushed to the spot and after an hour the flames were completely put off. They were retrieved by the fire department and sent to the Kilpauk government hospital for treatment, Police said, the two sons were unhurt. It is said the hall AC was on the whole day....