Hyderabad: A minor blast at a jalebi shop created panic in Ibrahimpatnam late on Saturday evening. A man suffered minor injuries when a kerosene container kept near a stove exploded and hit a scooter and its owner.
A Clues team and police found that the jilebi cart owner had kept kerosene in a container that was earlier used for storing chemicals.
The incident occurred at Ambedkar Nagar market at around 7 pm. “The jilebi seller had kept kerosene in a container which was earlier used in a chemical factory. Due to heat and the chemicals that mixed with kerosene, gas formed inside and it exploded. The container hit another box and then the scooter. The scooter owner, a cloth trader, was injured in his leg. It hit a woman also but she escaped,” said DCP Iqubal.
Earlier, it was suspected that explosives were kept inside the scooter as its dickey popped up after the blast. However, police found that it happened after the container hit the scooter....