106th Day Of Lockdown

Maharashtra2171211185589250 Tamil Nadu118594711161636 Delhi102831742173165 Gujarat37636267441978 Uttar Pradesh2996819627313 Telangana2761216287313 Karnataka2681511100417 West Bengal2383715790804 Rajasthan2140416575472 Andhra Pradesh211979745252 Haryana1799913645279 Madhya Pradesh1562711768622 Bihar12525933898 Assam12523833016 Odisha10097670354 Jammu and Kashmir89315399143 Punjab67494554175 Kerala5895345228 Chhatisgarh3415272814 Uttarakhand3230262143 Jharkhand3018210422 Goa190311568 Tripura171612481 Manipur14307710 Himachal Pradesh107876410 Puducherry104351714 Nagaland6443030 Chandigarh4924017 Arunachal Pradesh270922 Mizoram1971390 Sikkim125650 Meghalaya94432
Nation Current Affairs 02 Sep 2016 Dearness allowance h ...

Dearness allowance hiked, to cost Telangana Rs 100 crore

DECCAN CHRONICLE.
Published Sep 2, 2016, 12:37 am IST
Updated Sep 2, 2016, 3:59 am IST
The increase will benefit about 3.50 lakh employees and two lakh pensioners in Telangana state.
The state government revises DA every six months. But this time, it was delayed by more than eight months, which had led to some bitterness among employees. (Representational Image)
 The state government revises DA every six months. But this time, it was delayed by more than eight months, which had led to some bitterness among employees. (Representational Image)

Hyderabad: The Telangana state government on Thursday hiked employees’ dearness allowance (DA) by 3.144 per cent of basic pay on Friday. The hike will be applicable from January 1, 2016.

DA has now increased from 15.196 per cent to 18.340 per cent. The increase will benefit about 3.50 lakh employees and two lakh pensioners in the state but will impose a burden of nearly Rs 100 crore per month on the state government. The state government revises DA every six months. But this time, it was delayed by more than eight months, which had led to some bitterness among employees.

 

TS employees’ association had been taking up the issue with K. Chandrasekhar Rao for the last two months. Mr Rao recently directed the finance department to issue orders to this effect as early as possible.

DA arrears to be added to GPF
The DA will be paid in cash with the salary of September 2016, payable on October 1, 2016. The arrears on account of payment of DA for the period from January 1, 2016, to August 31, 2016, will be credited to the General Provident Fund account of the employees.

However, in the case of employees who are due to retire on or before December 31, 2016, , the arrears of DA will be drawn and paid in cash as the employees due to retire on superannuation are exempted from making any subscription to the GPF in the last four months of service.

Employees who were appointed to government service on or after September 1, 2004, and are governed by the contributory pension scheme (CPS), 10 per cent of DA arrears will be credited to their PRAN accounts along with the government?s share as per the existing orders, and the remaining 90 per cent of DA arrears shall be paid in cash.

In respect of fulltime contingent employees, who are not eligible for GPF accounts, the arrears may be paid in cash. In the event of death of any employee before the issue of these orders, the legal heirs will be entitled to the DA arrears in cash.

...
Location: India, Telangana, Hyderabad




ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT