133rd Day Of Lockdown

Maharashtra45795629935616142 Tamil Nadu2682852087844349 Andhra Pradesh176333956251604 Karnataka145830692722704 Delhi1391561252264033 Uttar Pradesh100310572711817 West Bengal80984568841785 Telangana6894649675563 Gujarat65704485612529 Bihar6203140760349 Assam4816233429115 Rajasthan4667932832732 Haryana3779631226448 Odisha3768124483258 Madhya Pradesh3508225414912 Kerala279561629988 Jammu and Kashmir2239614856417 Punjab1901512491462 Jharkhand140705199129 Chhatisgarh10109761369 Uttarakhand8008484795 Goa7075511460 Tripura5520367528 Puducherry4147253758 Manipur301818147 Himachal Pradesh2879171013 Nagaland24056594 Arunachal Pradesh179011053 Chandigarh120671520 Meghalaya9173305 Sikkim7832971 Mizoram5022820
Nation Current Affairs 02 Jun 2019 Kochi: Protest as fl ...

Kochi: Protest as flyover remains shut

DECCAN CHRONICLE.
Published Jun 2, 2019, 1:12 am IST
Updated Jun 2, 2019, 1:12 am IST
The LDF government completed the remaining 25 per cent of works and commissioned the flyover,” Oommen Chandy said.
Former chief minister Oommen Chandy with Congress MLAs during the protest.
 Former chief minister Oommen Chandy with Congress MLAs during the protest.

Kochi: The false propaganda unleashed against the previous UDF government and former minister for public works V.K Ebrahim Kunju, in the name of Palarivattom flyover will boomerang the CPM and the LDF, said former chief minister Oommen Chandy. He was inaugurating the protest programme organised by UDF Kalamassery mandalam committee against the failure of state government in keeping its promise on re-opening the Palarivattom flyover on June 1.

“The UDF government has taken up series of development projects across the state in five years. Proposal for 100 bridges in 400 days was conceived and successfully materialised by the then PWD minister. Edappally flyover has been completed while 75 per cent of the works of Palarivattom flyover were completed. The LDF government completed the remaining 25 per cent of works and commissioned the flyover,” Oommen Chandy said.

 

“It is a serious matter that irregularities were found in the construction of the flyover. How-ever, it is unfortunate that the LDF is using it for political mileage. Instead of finding out the responsible persons, the LDF government is blaming the UDF government and PWD minister, who spearheaded the series of development projects,” he added.  

MLAs V.K Ebrahim Kunju and Anwar Sadath, K Babu, Dominic Presentation, N Venug-opal, T.J. Vinod also spoke.

...




ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT