Lucknow: At least five members of a family died after a fire broke out at their residence here, officials said on Wednesday.
"The fire broke out during the early hours of Wednesday at a house in Mayawati Colony of Indira Nagar killing five members of a family residing in the house,” officials said.
Preliminary investigations have revealed that the fire broke out due to short circuit and spread to the gas stove as a result of which the flames got intensified.
Fire tenders were rushed to the spot and the situation was taken under control.
Further investigation in the matter is underway.