Nation Current Affairs 01 Apr 2018 55 students at Mutak ...

55 students at Mutakondur hostel in Hyderabad fall ill from bad food

DECCAN CHRONICLE.
Published Apr 1, 2018, 12:40 am IST
Updated Apr 1, 2018, 12:40 am IST
A section of the people found fault with school authorities, including principal Venkat Reddy, for not maintaining the kitchen properly.
Students of the government-run residential hostel being treated for alleged food poisoning at a primary health care centre in Yadadri on Saturday. (Photo: DC)
 Students of the government-run residential hostel being treated for alleged food poisoning at a primary health care centre in Yadadri on Saturday. (Photo: DC)

Hyderabad: Fifty-five students between Class I and VII fell sick with stomach infection and vomiting at a government-run residential hostel at Mutakondur.
Seven of the 38 girls shifted to Fever Hospital, were said to be critical. The rest were admitted to the primary health centre in Yadadri.

Food contamination was suspected to be the reason. District collector Anitha Ram Chandran and other government officials  rushed to the spot where hostel staff were finding it difficult to handle the situation.

 

A section of the people found fault with school authorities, including principal Venkat Reddy, for not maintaining the kitchen properly.

Officials took food and water samples for testing. A senior doctor at the Fever Hospital on condition of anonymity said, “Throat swabs of students have been taken and preliminary investigation of viral and bacterial infection is being carried out. The seven young children are being closely monitored as they were also found to be severely dehydrated due to vomiting.”

An inquiry into the incident was being demanded by non-government organisations who alleged ‘negligence and non-maintenance of the kitchen’.

...
Location: India, Telangana, Hyderabad




ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT