Nation Crime 30 Jun 2016 Hyderabad: Kid suffo ...

Hyderabad: Kid suffocates on plastic bag

DECCAN CHRONICLE.
Published Jun 30, 2016, 2:50 am IST
Updated Jun 30, 2016, 2:50 am IST
The boy’s mother, who was in the kitchen, noticed him lying unconscious in the bedroom.
Kodela Shreyan
 Kodela Shreyan

Hyderabad: A four-year-old boy died on Tuesday night after being suffocated by a polythene cover that he had wrapped around his head while playing. The boy’s mother, who was in the kitchen, noticed him lying unconscious in the bedroom and rushed him to the hospital, where doctors declared him brought dead.

Kodela Shreyan was the only son of Mr K. Srinivas Reddy, a native of West Godavari district in AP working in Reddy Labs in Hyderabad. They live in a flat in Nest Praveena Residency in Nizampet. Shreyan was studying in UKG in Lingamaneni School in Kukatpally.

 

On Tuesday after returning from school, Shreyan was playing in their house, said sources. Earlier, when he would play with plastic carry bags, his mother would warn him not to play with them. Being fearful of his mother, on Tuesday he went inside the bedroom and started playing with a plastic bag, which he put over his head. The door closed though he wanted to leave it ajar.

When he tried to take off the bag, it tightened around his mouth and he started suffocating. Unable to breathe, he knocked the door continuously for help, but his mother who was cooking, thought he was making some noise and ignored it.

 

After a few minutes, when she did not hear any noise, she went to check and found him lying unconscious on the floor with the plastic wrapped around his face. With the help of his neighbours, she rushed Shreyan to a nearby hospital, where doctors declared him brought dead.  No police complaint was filed regarding the incident.

...
Location: India, Telangana, Hyderabad




ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
-->