Khammam: A man fed poisoned biryani to his family and consumed it himself in Madhuranagar in Khammam. They were found dead on Friday morning by family members in their house.
The deceased were identified as Koya Ramprasad, 43, his wife Suchitra, 38, and their children Suchitra, 13, and Jahnavi, nine.
Ramprasad, a native of Banapuram, had married Suchitra of Vallabhai 18 years ago. He worked as a teacher in a private school for a while and then started a granite business. He did not get a break there and started working as a supervisor in a granite company.
Ramprasad and Suchitra used to argue over his meagre earnings.
On Thursday night, he told Suchitra not to cook food, saying he would bring biryani home. He mixed pesticide pills that were soaked in water into the biryani and masked the taste using onion, according to police who investigated the case.
His family did not know this and ate the biryani. Later, Rampra-sad too ate it. All of them died at night, it is suspected.
Neighbours and relatives found them dead in the morning. DCP Muralidhar who visited the spot found pesticide pills in the scooter box. Circle inspector Saira-mana said suicide case had been filed and investigation is on....