Hyderabad: Ten nursing students of Osmania Nursing College were admitted in the acute medical ward of the hospital with severe food poisoning on Saturday. The students complained of vomiting and diarrhoea in the morning and were rushed to hospital. Due to low electrolyte levels they were shifted to the acute ward. Food inspectors have taken samples of the food and water in the hostel. The students had eaten dal and rice, said sources.
OGH superintendent Dr G.V. Murthy said, “They are stabilising. We are checking the food and water.” The nursing block is in the old building and there was constant water shortage there. Water is stored here in large containers and kept for days together.