Nation Crime 29 May 2016 After Congolese yout ...

After Congolese youth killing, six Africans in Delhi beaten up in 30 mins

DECCAN CHRONICLE. | SAURABH TRIVEDI
Published May 29, 2016, 3:07 am IST
Updated May 29, 2016, 3:13 am IST
African envoys had already expressed outrage following the killing of a 23-year-old Congolese youth.
The incident took place around 11.45 pm on Friday (Photo: ANI)
 The incident took place around 11.45 pm on Friday (Photo: ANI)

New Delhi: All it took was 30 minutes but Thursday night’s alleged mob violence against African nationals in south Delhi has the potential to attract international repercussions. African envoys had already expressed outrage following the killing of a 23-year-old Congolese youth in south Delhi’s Vasant Kunj area last week.

Seven African nationals, including women that this correspondent spoke to, said locals in Chhattarpur’s Rajpur Khurd village attacked them with cricket bats, bricks and iron rods after picking them out at random.

 

Three victims were hospitalised and one received five stitches on his nose. The police ruled out the incident being a racial attack. An official said police reached the spot after a PCR call and took the victims to hospital.

...
Location: India, Delhi, New Delhi




ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
-->