Love, money behind two-year-old murder mystery

The SP revealed that Rachur Rajeswari and Inayathulla, both residents of Adoni, had been in love

ANANTAPUR: Three Town police have cracked the mysterious murder of a married woman, whose body had been found in the thorny bushes near APSRTC bus stand of Anantapur two years ago.

Anantapur SP Dr. Fakkeerappa Kaginelli said Rachur Eeswar, husband of Rajeswari, 32, resident of Srinivasa Nagar in Anantapur, complained to police on August 28, 2020, that his wife had gone missing. When her body was found in the bushes near RTC bus stand, police converted the missing case into a murder incident.

Various police teams investigated the murder from multiple angles. Based on CCTV camera footage in RTC bus stand and surroundings, they determined that the accused could be Chowdary Inayathulla of Adoni town in Kurnool district. But police could not trace the whereabouts of Inayathulla even after conducting searches. The case remained pending for two years.

Recently, Fakkeerappa had been reviewing pending cases and entrusted the murder to in-charge DSP A. Srinivasulu and Three Town inspector Kati Srinivasulu. The team focused on the case and nabbed Inayathulla alias Hidayathulla on Friday. He had settled in Nellore district after the murder.

The SP revealed that Rachur Rajeswari and Inayathulla, both residents of Adoni, had been in love. However, Inayathulla went to Kuwait in search of a job, while Rajeswari’s parents performed her wedding with Eeswar.

Subsequently, Inayathulla, who returned from Kuwait to Adoni, continued to contact Rajeswari. They kept meeting and Rajeswari took ₹2 lakh from Inayathulla as hand loan. However, she did not repay it even after a long time and despite persuasion.

On August 28, 2000, Inayathulla took Rajeswari from her home to a deserted place near RTC bus stand in Anantapur and forced her to repay her loan. But she refused to do so immediately. Angry over this, Inayathulla strangulated her. Rajeswari died as a result. Inayathulla took Rajeswari’s gold chain and fled from the spot.

Police finally traced him in Nellore, where he had been working for past two years. They arrested him and recovered the gold chain.

Next Story