No major lead in woman's severed head case
Deccan Chronicle. | DC Correspondent
The teams investigating the case are amongst the best with trained and experienced officers in dealing with such cases. We are in coordination not only with 735 officers from the state but also police from other four states. Soon the accused will be behind the bars, the officer claimed. (Image: Facebook)
Hyderabad: The Malakpet police have formed eight special teams to trace the assailants who brutally beheaded a woman and dumped her head, with gold ornaments, in Teegala Guda close to Musi river bed early on March 17.
The police have not received any major lead in the case so far though a Whatsapp group, comprising 735 station head officers (SHO), have been formed and the picture of victim’s head circulated to identify her.
The teams have verified over 450 CCTV footages, over 250 missing women cases that tally age and features of the victim. Apart from this three teams from the city have approached the special branch, law and order, DCRP (District Crime Record Bureau) and SCRB (State Crime Record Bureau) of Orissa, Bihar, UP and Karnataka, police sources disclosed.
"Our police officers have also pasted the victim’s pictures at bus stands, on trains, railway stations, with our contact numbers in Odisha, Bihar, UP and Karnataka in coordination with the local police. We are linking the CCTV footages in 300 km diameter and looking at all the possibilities of tracing the culprits", the officers said.
Police have also requested the FSL to collect the victim's DNA sample while preserving her severed head, he said.
A senior police officer has also met Aadhaar iris experts and are making efforts to identify the victim through her iris data, but the Aadhaar technical team said that it would take time and added that if they had fingerprints of the victim, they would have identified her within 40 minutes, police sources said.
Strangely, the assailants after murdering the victim somewhere else left her nose pin and earrings intact, the police said and ruled out murder for gain. Sexual jealousy could be a reason behind such brutal act, police said.
The police are investigation through the tower location and are questioning people who passed through the Teegala Guda road on May 16 night by identifying them through their vehicle registration numbers. Over 91 per cent of the people who travelled at that time have been questioned and were found innocent. The suspects are among the remaining 9 per cent persons, police sources disclosed.
"The teams investigating the case are amongst the best with trained and experienced officers in dealing with such cases. We are in coordination not only with 735 officers from the state but also police from other four states. Soon the accused will be behind the bars", the officer claimed.