Nation Crime 19 Jun 2017 Hyderabad: Dog iron ...

Hyderabad: Dog iron leash touches pole, boy dies of shock

DECCAN CHRONICLE.
Published Jun 19, 2017, 1:05 am IST
Updated Jun 19, 2017, 1:05 am IST
Officials say shock was due to faulty insulation.
The dog was saved by the leather belt tag it had on the neck while the boy was electrocuted on the spot, said the police inspector Shyamsundar.
 The dog was saved by the leather belt tag it had on the neck while the boy was electrocuted on the spot, said the police inspector Shyamsundar.

Hyderabad: In an incident that highlights carelessness of electricity officials, a 19-year-old youth died from an electric shock on Saturday night. The victim, Revanth, was walking his pet dog when the iron leash got entangled with an electric pole and caused him to be electrocuted.  The victim lived in Kabutarkhana, Chinna Bazar in the Old City. 

“The incident happened within seconds," said Hussaini Alam inspector G. Shyamsundar. The dog, however, was unhurt. “The dog was saved by the leather belt tag it had on the neck, while the boy was electrocuted on the spot,” he added.

 

Ramesh, who was an eye-witness, tried to save the boy with a bamboo stick, but in vain. The parents of the youngster were devastated by his sudden death and were not willing to register a case until persuaded to do so by the police.

Revanth’s brother, Shubham filed a case under Section 174 (suspicious death) of the CrPC (Code of Criminal Procedure). When contacted, an official of the electricity department said that a faulty insulation could be the cause for the electric current in the pole.

“We went to the spot and noticed the faulty insulation and informed the concerned department about it. This was purely accidental,” said A. Janardhan Reddy, DE of Charminar division.

 

...
Location: India, Telangana, Hyderabad




ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT