Hyderabad: A one-year-old died due to alleged drug overdose in Ghatkesar. The baby, M. Veekshitha, had come to her maternal grandparents’ house in the city. On Friday, the child had blood in her stool, was vomitting and had severe fever. They took her to Amrutha Hospital and consulted Dr B Venkatesham.
According to P. Prem Kumar, the maternal uncle of the child, the doctor treated the child and prescribed four injections saying that they are using high dose medication and the child will improve. He advised that the treatment should be continued for the next four days.
As per the doctor’s advice, they took the child to the hospital on Saturday afternoon and they gave her four injections again and sent them home. Later in the night also, they gave four injections to the child.
But after going home, the child developed complications in breathing and they rushed her immediately to Amrutha hospital where she was declared as brought dead.
Based on the complaint, a case of death due to negligence was registered and a probe is underway....