9-month-old Girl Chokes to Death

Kurnool: A nine-month-old girl choked to death after accidentally swallowing a lemon while playing at her home in Mallenipally village, Peddavaduguru mandal, of Anantapur district on Wednesday.

Police said the infant was playing in the verandah when she picked up the lemon. Efforts by her mother and a village volunteer, Sakhi Deepa, to rescue her failed as the lemon had lodged firmly in the throat.

Struggling to breathe, the infant was taken to Pamidi hospital but died on the way. The baby had been born to the couple after seven years of marriage.

( Source : Deccan Chronicle. )
Next Story