Chennai: 52-year-old killed over illicit affair

Paramour's boyfriend kills victim in tussle.

Chennai: A 28-year-old woman and her boyfriend were arrested on Sunday in Korattur in connection with the February 28 murder of a 52-year-old man employed in a private firm in Ambattur Industrial Estate. The body of the deceased, Samidas of Korattur, was found hands and legs tied, in a well near his house on Saturday. He was missing since February 28.

He was killed by his maid’s boyfriend because of his alleged illicit relationship with the woman.

Following residents’ complaints of foul smell on Saturday, police fished out his body from a well. A piece of rock was found tied to his body.

The Korattur police registered a case of murder and launched a hunt for the suspects involved in it.

Preliminary inquiries revealed that Samidas, was living with his two sons employed in software companies, after his wife Rani deserted him 7 years back. He had employed one woman named Lakshmi, 28, to do domestic work. Police tried to probe if the murder has anything to do with Lakshmi and questioned her. Police also picked up her boyfriend Mohammed Irfan, a native of Bihar.

When questioned, Irfan confessed the murder. Samidas allegedly developed an illicit relationship with Lakshmi and he used to pay her extra to manage her debts. In between Lakshmi got acquainted with Irfan when both were employed at a construction site. Irfan started living with Lakshmi, who was deserted by her husband. When Irfan came to know about the illicit affair between Samidas and Lakshmi, he chided her.

On February 28, after sending his two sons Dileepan (26) and Yogeshwaran (24) to work, Samidas went to Lakshmi’s house located opposite to his house. When he was chatting with her, Irfan reached there and was shocked to see Samidas with his girlfriend.

He picked up a quarrel with the two and tried to attack Lakhmi with a kitchen knife suspecting her fidelity. When Samidas intervened Irfan attacked him and killed him.

Then the two disposed his body after tying up his hands and legs and also tied his body to a stone and dumped it inside a well. “We will remand the two to judicial custody on Monday”, police said.

( Source : Deccan Chronicle. )
Next Story