Hyderabad: Twenty passengers travelling in a Setwin bus had a lucky escape when the bus caught fire at Shamshabad on Sunday. The driver who saw sparks in the engine alerted the passengers, and they rushed out immediately. The Setwin bus (AP 28TB 2131) with around 20 passengers was going to Jahangir Pir dargah from Charminar.
When the bus reached Palamakula village driver Lal Mohammed saw a spark in the engine and stopped the bus. When he found the spark becoming big he asked passengers to get off the vehicle.
Soon the vehicle was engulfed in thick smoke creating panic among passengers and the public. However, the fire was doused. All the passengers escaped unhurt.
Traffic was blocked on the road for about an hour. It was later cleared by the police. Shamshabad police made a GD entry about the incident....