Couple electrocuted in Araku valley
Deccan Chronicle.| dc correspondent
Dombu Dora reportedly came in contact with a live wire while trying to hang clothes for drying
VISAKHAPATNAM: A couple was electrocuted to death in residential quarters of the electricity department employees at Araku Valley in Alluri Sitarama Raju district on Tuesday morning.
The deceased have been identified as G. Dombu Dora (35) and his wife G. Parvathi (26).
On Tuesday morning, Dombu Dora reportedly came in contact with a live wire while trying to hang clothes for drying. When he raised an alarm, his wife Parvathi rushed to rescue him, but she also touched the live wire. The couple fell unconscious on the spot.
Locals, who noticed the couple lying on the ground, called for an ambulance. By the time the ambulance reached the spot, the couple had died. The couple is survived by their four-year-old daughter G. Vindhya.
Police have shifted the bodies to the government hospital for post-mortem.