Coffee lovers did you know that your caffeinated drink can reveal a lot about your personality? Obsessive, straightforward, lazy are some of the traits that can be exposed.
A new study conducted by clinical psychologist Dr. Ramani Durvasula suggests an individual’s dark side and admirable traits can be summed up by their favourite or got-to daily choice, according to a report by Psych Central.
For the study, 1,000 coffee drinkers were assessed on their psychological traits and common personality styles. In her book You Are WHY You Eat: Change Your Food Attitude, Change Your Life, Durvasula explains participants were asked how they would approach common scenarios.
* What is your approach to waiting in long lines?
* How do you plan parties or weekends?
* Coffee drinkers were asked what they usually ordered
The results showed those who liked their coffee black were no-nonsense individuals. Decaf revealed you are controlling and latte drinkers were people pleasers. Despite the fascinating insight, Dr. Durvasula states according to Psych Central, “we are no more defined by our coffee orders than we are by our astrological signs".
What it does reveal though is that the choices we make can reveal a lot about us. Here's what type of coffee says about an individual.
1 Black coffee
* Old fashioned
The Light Side:
* Very patient
* Likes to simplify things
The Dark Side:
* Moody often
* Resistant to change
* Set in their ways
* Likes to seek comfort
* Likes to please people
* Open to sharing things with other people
* Likes to sweeten life in bitter times
* Makes time for people
* Will go above and beyond to help others
* Not good at taking care of themselves
* Make more commitments than they can handle
3 Frozen coffee
* Up for new experiences
* Likes to set the trends
* Very spontaneous
* Has creative imagination
* Can have a childlike personality sometimes
* Naive about quick fixes
* Don't always make the best choices
* Can be careless and rash
4 Decaf/ soy milk/ Specific about their coffee
* Perceived as selfish
* Likes being in charge
* Can obsess over things
* Conscious of their health
* Makes healthy choices
* Vigilant about their health
* Pays great attention to control, order and rules
* Highly sensitive
* Worries a lot
5 Instant coffee
* In many ways traditional
* Put off doing things often
* Doesn't worry about the minute details
* Takes one day at a time
* Too easy-going
* Neglects health issues
* Not a good planner
While the results are interesting and pretty spot on, some people may fall in between or jive with one orders daily....