1. Lighten it up: The most important thing to keep in mind during festivals, is the light! Besides having ample ceiling lights and lamps, add strip or series lights to a corner of your house to make it like a center stage of art show! Hang old dupattas or scarves, wrap them around with series light and you have for yourself a beautiful DIY art piece .
Make use of old wine bottles , empty egg trays, glass vases and bowls and wrap them around with series or rice light to create the festive feel. Don't forget to add candles. From tea lights to pillar candles.
2. Fragrance is the key: With friends and families gathering around, food being prepared, a certain aroma stays in the house during such times. Spray room fresheners every couple of hours to keep the house smelling fresh and lively.
Make the most of natural fragrances too during the festive season. Deck up the entrance with array of flowers like mogra, rose and marigold. Nothing makes people happier than walking into a pleasant aromatic home!
3. Let the room shine: Go bold with gold! Use gold colored vases, table accessories or even brass coated home accessories. Gold is the color of the season, add some to your entrance and living room to add that extra oomph factor. Mix and match shimmery cushion covers with some bold pastel colors like reds and oranges.
4. Add life to the porch, garden and balconies: With the onset of winter, it is a perfect time to be outdoors. Take the party to your garden or balcony. Make sure you have comfortable seating arrangements for your guests, place lanterns in the corner of the space with some candles. Use of garden incenses is a perfect way to keep the garden smelling fresh and also free of mosquitoes. If you don't want to move furniture to your balcony, just place a rug and some throw cushions to make a very boho-glam look. It also makes a perfect place for children to sit and enjoy some board games .
5. Bring in the new or rearrange the old: Change is a must! Festive time is when most people add new things to their homes; from new furniture to curtains to linen etc. If you don't wish to spend on buying a new piece of furniture, try re-arranging it. It will help you give a new look to your home. Put on fresh curtains and seat covers of your sofa. Bring out the new cutlery, add a new centerpiece to the dining table, these small changes can give your home a new look this festive season....