It’s that time of the year when students are feverishly preparing for the JEE Advanced that will be conducted by IIT Madras for admissions to B.Tech programmes across 23 Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs).
While it’s mandatory for candidates to appear in both the papers, it’s important to remember that for 2017, approximately 22,00,00 top rankers from JEE main will be eligible to take JEE Advanced 2017, as against 2016, when 198228 top candidates from JEE main were eligible for appearing in JEE Advanced.
FIITJEE, which is not just an IIT-JEE coaching institute but also a believer in serious education, realises the importance of these exams for students across the country. In their endeavor to help students to stay strong on this path secure a rank, FIITJEE has put down a few important points to remember.
As per FIITJEE, students must focus on three things while preparing for JEE (Advanced)
- Strengthening the concepts
- Right application of concepts
- Continuous practice of JEE ADVANCED level problems
- The experts at FIITJEE say that the syllabus of Class XI and XII contributes about 45 per cent and 55 per cent of IIT-JEE question papers respectively.
Quick Tips from FIITJEE:
- Develop speed. Refer to reputed mock-test series. Solve the past year’s IIT-JEE papers. Focus on weak areas and improve upon concepts.
- Take short breaks of complete relaxation after every couple of hours’ of serious study. Practice meditation to develop inner calm, poise, confidence and power of concentration.