Man blows up his own house while trying to burn cockroaches

DECCAN CHRONICLE
Published Mar 9, 2018, 5:05 pm IST
Updated Mar 9, 2018, 5:05 pm IST
The idea was to burn the roaches in the kitchen with an ignited can and an insect spray.
Authorities pointed clear instructions on the spray to keep it away from a flame (Photo: AFP)
 Authorities pointed clear instructions on the spray to keep it away from a flame (Photo: AFP)

Nobody likes insects crawling around in their house and while many go for pest control some try to take matter in their own hands. But while cleaning your own surroundings is a great idea, going overboard can be disastrous.

A man from Australia was so fed up of cockroaches at his place that he came up with a rather extreme solution. The idea was to burn the roaches in the kitchen with an ignited can and an insect spray.

 

But in a shocking turn of events, the man ended up blowing up his house as his tools set off an explosion. While the explosion damaged the kitchen and walls of the house, the shrapnel caused lacerations on the man’s head and hand.

Authorities pointed clear instructions on the spray to keep it away from a flame. While there were others present in the house, the man was the only one injured and was rushed to a hospital.





ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT