Lifestyle Sex and Relationship 03 May 2019 Masturbation: Hands ...

Masturbation: Hands on solo sex

DECCAN CHRONICLE. | ARPITA HALDER
Published May 3, 2019, 5:00 pm IST
Updated May 3, 2019, 5:26 pm IST
Know some interesting facts before International Masturbation Day.
48 per cent of men use masturbators when they are free and 65 per cent women like to masturbate in the morning. (Photo: Representational/Pexels)
 48 per cent of men use masturbators when they are free and 65 per cent women like to masturbate in the morning. (Photo: Representational/Pexels)

It is a fact universally acknowledged that men engage more in masturbation as compared to women. Women are still not comfortable with the idea of embracing the concept of self-pleasure.

However, more and more men and women are embracing masturbation as a healthy sexual outlet. The increased demand for sex toys in India is a testimony to this fact.

 

We cannot help but applaud the Hindi entertainment industry that has played a pivotal role in changing the mindset of the people. Two most prominent scenes in the recent movies and series – Netflix’ Lust Stories and Veere Di Wedding movie – deal directly with masturbation as a tool of pure pleasure. Online sale of vibrators for women immediately shot up by 200 per cent.

In an exclusive conversation with Deccan Chronicle, Samir Saraiya, Founder of ThatsPersonal.com shares, "Vibrators are the largest selling category online. It caters to 40 per cent of total orders and the rest 60 per cent comprise non-vibrating toys. Interestingly, he highlights some other noteworthy facts, where around 34 per cent women purchase vibrators and glass wands which are size 6 and above." Size does matter!

12 per cent of women buy anal sex toys to play with their erogenous zone while masturbating. Prior to Sec 377, the ratio was 8 per cent.

Now, let us talk about men. They love to make their solo session smooth and therefore, opt for lubricants to heighten the pleasure. It is believed that using lube gives a near to real experience and it lasts longer. Most vibrators are purchased by men belonging to the age group 24 to 34 whereas masturbating strokers are used by men in the age group 21 to 28.

If you are thinking that women are the ones who are going online to purchase vibrators for themselves, then we are sorry to disappoint you. Stats reveal that 44 per cent vibrators are purchased by men to gift their lady love to spice things up.

Another intriguing fact which most of us are unaware of is that 18 per cent men, especially gay and bisexual, use vibrators while masturbating for an orgasm. G spot vibrators are popularly followed by clitoral and wands. It caters almost 56 per cent of total vibrator sale.

According to the survey conducted at ThatsPersonal.com:

  • 48 per cent of men use masturbators when they are free and 65 per cent women like to masturbate in the morning.
  • All age group people masturbate, but the younger ones are found more random than middle age.
  • Most people masturbate to release tension, for sexual pleasure, to explore their own body and to aid sound sleep.
  • 29 per cent of people use mobile while masturbating during the chat, voice call or video call, while 19 per cent people fantasize.

...




ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT