Mustard oil is a common staple in India, Rome and Greece for centuries as a culinary and therapeutic agent. Being extracted from Mustard seeds, this oil carries a unique nutty flavour and packs a huge array of health benefits.
- Being rich in MUFA, PUFA, Omega 3 & 6, Vitamin E, Minerals and anti-oxidants, Mustard oil demonstrates strong Anti-Microbial property and is Anti-inflammatory in nature. It improves heart health and reduces cancer risks.
- Most valuable health benefit of Mustard oil can be attributed to its strong stimulant property. It helps improves circulation, boosts metabolism, relieves sinus congestion and most importantly invigorates digestion.
- A study report in American Journal of Clinical Nutrition showed that Mustard oil, as part of a regular diet, could improve your heart health by lowering cholesterol and blood pressure with its high MUFA content.
- With its thick consistency and rich Vitamin E content, Mustard oil is considered as a natural Sunscreen when applied externally. It also acts as a natural cleanser by opening skin pores by stimulating the sweat glands. Massaging with Mustard oil is known to lighten the pigmentation spots and improve complexion.
- Mustard oil moisturizes and revitalizes the scalp with essential fatty acids and helps prevent hair loss by warding off dandruff and fungal infections. Mix with an equal quantity of Virgin coconut oil and massage scalp for complete hair care from root to the tip.
- Mustard oil acts as an antibacterial when used both externally and internally. Internally it fights with the bacterial infections in colon, intestines and other parts of digestive tract. Externally it fights both bacterial and fungal infections of the skin.
- Organic Mustard Oil carries a delicate pungent and nutty flavour which tastes great in many recipes. It can be used as cooking oil, oil for pickling and externally for massaging the skin and on hair.
- Just including Pure, Unadulterated, organic Mustard oil in your regular cooking can result in healthy skin, hair and heart, so are valued in traditional cultures for its multitude of benefits.
The article has been authored by Organic India.