Cricket World Cup 2019

Lifestyle Health and Wellbeing 30 Jul 2018 Woman dies from food ...

Woman dies from food poisoning within 36 hours of eating uncooked chicken

DECCAN CHRONICLE
Published Jul 30, 2018, 4:17 pm IST
Updated Jul 30, 2018, 4:17 pm IST
The 37-year-old triathlete was on holiday in Greece when she had the chicken at a restaurant.
Doctors assumed that what killed Natalie was an E-coli infection caused by the chicken (Photo: Pixabay)
 Doctors assumed that what killed Natalie was an E-coli infection caused by the chicken (Photo: Pixabay)

Food poisoning can cause drastic consequences for health and may even turn out to be fatal. This is exactly why people need to be careful what they eat at a time when hygiene and infections are a major concern across the globe.

Eating uncooked chicken isn’t common but it hasn’t been associated with serious health concerns as well. But a woman died within 36 hours of consuming just a mouthful of raw chicken after her condition deteriorated due to food poisoning.

 

The 37-year-old triathlete was on holiday in Greece when she had the chicken at a restaurant. Following this blood clots formed all over her body blocking vessels as she lay bleeding from every orifice.

While her husband and children had pasta and bread, Natalie went for a diet of salad, prawns and chicken. When she cut it, the meat oozed red blood causing her to replace it with another piece of which she had a few mouthfuls.

Doctors assumed that what killed Natalie was an E-coli infection caused by the chicken and it also depends a lot on a person’s genes.

...


Cricket World Cup 2019


ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT