Tanning for a decade leaves woman with a hole in her face and a severe headache
Several people like to alter their skin tone through different products and procedures including a fake tan. But while this may seem like a common practice, tanning beds and lamps are known to cause severe health complications.
34-year-old Carrie Doles now has a hole in her face along with headaches and face paralysis caused by a decade of tanning. She was diagnosed with skin cancer almost ten years after she used a sunbed at the age of 18.
At university Doles used it every day for four years and never wore sunscreen while she also used to lie out in the sun whenever she had the chance. In 2010 she noticed a scab on her temple that would fall off and appear again.
This turned out to be skin cancer and doctors carried out the removal procedure six times as they didn’t know where the affected cells were. This left Carrie with a gaping hole in her face which was later stitched up by a plastic surgeon.
The process left her with face paralysis as she now takes her skin care routine very seriously and also educates others about her plight.