LOK SABHA ELECTIONS 2019: INDIA DECIDES

Lifestyle Health and Wellbeing 21 Mar 2019 Avoid malachite gree ...

Avoid malachite green this Holi

DECCAN CHRONICLE. | KANIZA GARARI
Published Mar 21, 2019, 1:46 am IST
Updated Mar 21, 2019, 1:46 am IST
It causes ocular injuries and if ingested when playing can cause uneasiness in the stomach.
Some of the powders have caused fungal infections on the skin due to the oxidative stress that these colours cause to the body.
 Some of the powders have caused fungal infections on the skin due to the oxidative stress that these colours cause to the body.

Hyderabad: The colour of malachite green which is commonly used in Holi is toxic and a potential carcinogen. People usually think green colour is safe and environment friendly but that’s not the case.

It causes ocular injuries and if ingested when playing can cause uneasiness in the stomach.

 

Dr B.R.Raju, senior general physician, says artificial colours are made from chemicals and are harmful as they contain lead oxide, copper sulphate, mercury sulphite, chromium iodide and silica in very fine particulate form.

“These create reactions in the skin and eyes and those who ingest them complain of vomiting and uneasiness. For this reason the festival should be enjoyed by using natural colours. Protecting the sensory organs is very important to prevent injuries or allergy problems,” Dr B.R.Raju explained

Some of the powders have caused fungal infections on the skin due to the oxidative stress that these colours cause to the body.

Secondary infections due to the use of artificial colours in terms of redness of eyes and infections in the eye area have also been noted due to alkaline injury.

...




ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT