Every year millions worth of the sweet and divine chocolate goes to waste because of white powder that forms on it, the Daily Mail reported.
According to Channel 4's Food Unwrapped, many customers complain about this.
Fat particles in chocolate rising to the surface could be part of the reason. When chocolate is stored in too warm or too cold conditions it will go in "fat bloom".
To investigate this, technicians in Hamburg, Germany, used a gigantic X-ray and found the powder rises through tiny cracks in the chocolate, if the bar has not been stored at the right temperature.
Experts recommend storing your slice of sweetness between 14 and 18 degrees Celsius.
While it is a big complaint, fat bloom is not harmful and you can still eat it. Experts are currently trying method to prevent the bloom from happening.
For now, the best thing to do is to store it in the right conditions or eat it as soon as you can.
The latter doesn't sound like such a bad idea....