Delhi: Man suffers nerve damage, paralysis after getting neck massage from barber

Find out what doctors warn against.

A neck massage by a barber has caused a man in Delhi to suffer from neck damage and paralysis.

54-year-old Ajay Kumar felt refreshed after getting a haircut and massage at a salon in August. However, he soon started becoming breathless.

During a trip to the doctor's he found out the neck crack at the end of the massage "had damaged his phrenic nerves that control the diaphragm," which controls breathing, according to a report by the Times of India. The diaphragm is left paralysed.

Kumar had to be put on mechanical ventilation to help in breath properly.

Now, because of this, Kumar’s doctor said he will most likely need a ventilator support for his entire life as it is unlikely the nerve will regenerate, the report revealed.

The report also warned against such massages and "neck-crack" as they can cause long-term harm to neck joints and muscles.

( Source : deccan chronicle )
Next Story