Vaginal discharge may not be the most comfortable topic to discuss, but it can be an indication of a host of issues.
In a report by Get The Gloss, sexual health experts reveal what your vaginal discharge is saying about your health.
1. Fishy odour: indicates bacterial vaginosis, which means there is an imbalance in the vaginal bacteria. It affects one in three women during the childbearing age. Tight clothes, panty liners, sperm and perfumed toiletries can trigger the infection. Antibiotics can help treat it.
2. Curd like discharge: which creates a burning sensation and an itch could be thrush, a fungal infection has an 'yeasty' odour. It is common for women between the ages of 20 to 30 and in pregnant women. It is treated with an antifungal medicine, but you should consult with a doctor.
3. Green and yellow froth: A small parasite can called an STI called trichomoniasis, which causes these symptoms. Your vaginal area could also be sore, itchy and can burn when you pee. Antibiotics prescribed by a doctor can help treat the STI.
4. Cloudy and yellow: could be a symptom of one of the most common STI gonorrhea. It infects the cervix. It could cause bleeding and pain when you pee. Similar discharge can also cause chlamydia. It is important to see a sexual health expert in this case.
5. Brown or red discharge: Blood in your discharge when not on your period could be an indication of cervical and endometrial cancers....