When one gets sick, all get sick when it comes to the workplace.
Let's fact it, you don't want to be on the receiving end of a pesky flu, nor do you want to be the cause of spreading it around, right?
That's why it is important to learn a few tricks to avoid the flu at all cost.
Dr Susan Besser of Mercy Medical Center in Maryland shares tips in a Daily Mail report.
1. Get a flu shot: The vaccine is effective against the H3N2 strain. CDC officials urge people to get the shot as a preventive measure.
2. Beware of handles and wash your hands: Door handles, phones and staplers are a breeding ground for germs in offices. A great way to avoid infections is washing your hands regularly in the day with soap and water. Also note that viruses can stay on surfaces for close to 24 hours.
3. Let the fever leave before you head back to work: Dr Besser urges sick people to stay home for 24 hours after the fever leaves. Flu is very infectious and can spread just by breathing.
4. Avoid sharing food: Dr Besser reveals you share each others spit in the process and people with the flu generally do not show signs of it until four days.
5. Cough away from your coworkers: Inhaling just a few drops of germ in the air is enough to spread the infection around.
6. Keep your mask dry: A wet one makes it easier for germs to get through. However, it is not mandatory to wear one....