Magnesium plays an important role in close to 300 different enzymatic reactions in the body everyday.
Have adequate amounts of it can ensure better quality sleep, as well as improve headaches, chronic pain, exhaustion and your mood.
Here are some of the signs you may be deficient, according to the Daily Mail.
1. Can't sleep: Magnesium increases gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA), a chemical neurotransmitter in the brain which helps you relax and fall asleep.
2. Feel depressed: In the brain, positive neurotransmitters like serotonin are regulated by magnesium. It can also help balance blood sugar.
3. Frequent headaches: Magnesium can help reduce the risk of suffering from a migrane.
4. Chocolate beckons you: The delicious sweet treat is high in this mineral.
5. Muscle spasms: Magnesium and calcium work together to regulate muscle movement.
6. Eye twitches: Too little of the mineral and you eyes can twitch.
7. Suffer an irregular heartbeat: This causes levels of nutrients like calcium in the blood to drop.
8. Constantly tired: The mineral is part of the body's system that produces energy.
9. You have skin issues like acne and eczema: It normally helps reduce inflammation....