Find out how your body reacts to stress. (Photo: Pexels)
In life, stress has a way of taking a toll on our mental as well as physical health.
Not paying attention to it can lead to severe health conditions.
Heart disease, stroke, sleep issues and depression are just some of the effects stress can have if left untreated.
That is why it is important to listen to your body when it indicates you are stressed out.
Here are some of the signs, according to a report by the Huffington Post.
1. Throbbing muscles: Tension in your muscles caused by stress can show up as injuries. A common side effect for men is lower back pain and for women it is upper back issues.
2. Headache: Occurs when you feel high strung. You need to find ways to calm the mind.
3. Thirsty: Feeling anxious can cause adrenal glands to release stress hormones in the body. This leaves you feeling parched.
4. Sweating: Feeling tense can often cause one to perspire in exorbitant amounts. Soothing music and deep breathing could help lower your levels of anxiety.
5. Hair fall: If you’re a loosing a lot of hair frequently, consult with a medical professional.
6. Stomach problems: Troubling thoughts can cause issues with digestion, which can lead to stomach issues because of stress.
7. Prone to common cold: Previous research has indicated one can catch the flu quite easily due to stress.
8. Tooth issues: Grinding and clenching can lead to jaw pain. It could even damage your teeth.
9. Change in your weight: Huge gain or drastic loss of weight can be a huge sign of stress. Eating right, sleeping well and exercise can help maintain good health, as well as control your stress levels.
10. Loosing focus: Not remembering little things can be a sign that chronic stress may have taken over and it is time to get yourself better.