Breast milk has been credited as the best source of nutritional food for newborns, according to the World Health Organisation (WHO).
For a healthy baby, mothers need to take care of what they eat.
Knowing what calories benefits infants and mothers is crucial especially at this early stage. Extra calories can help mom's milk supply, replenish and re-energize and lose the baby weight in a healthy way.
A report by Fox News also shed light on babies who are exposed to various flavours becoming healthier eaters by the age of six.
For all these benefits and more the report recommends adding these seven superfoods to your diet.
1. Leafy green vegetables:
- High in nutrients and low in calories.
- It is also rich in vitamins A, C, E, and K.
- Includes calcium, fiber and antioxidants.
2. Whole grains:
- Important source of B vitamins, minerals.
- It also includes fiber that helps in digestion.
- Helps you to lose baby weight.
- Keep your blood sugar levels stable.
3. Nuts and seeds:
- Great nutritional package.
- Source of protein, fiber, vitamins, minerals, antioxidants
4. Legumes and beans:
- Sources of protein, fiber, minerals and phytochemicals.
- Drinking adequate amounts of water on a daily basis is important for your milk supply.
- Wealthy source of protein, choline, lutein, vitamins B12 and D, riboflavin and folate.
- Eggs will also not increase your cholesterol, according to research.
- Packed with vitamin D, B12 and omega-3 fatty acids
- Consuming this fish can put moms less at risk of postpartum depression