Tinder and other dating apps, dentists say are increasing people's risk of being infected with a cancer-causing virus.
Dentists are usually the one's to spot the symptoms first during check-ups. According to a report by the Daily Mail, the virus is spread through oral sex.
An alarming number of the adult population will be infected with human papilloma virus (HPV), experts warn.
What is HPV? It is an infection that causes warts in many parts of the body.
* Spreads through sexual contact
* HPV has over 100 types
* 40 of those affect the genital area
* Depending on the condition, each type is classed as higher or lower risk
* Certain HPV viruses cause warts or verrucas
* Some are also associated with cervical cancer
* History of high risk HPV viruses results in cervical cancer in 99% cases
* The infection often has no symptoms
While most infections disappear, some strains can cause cancer. It has also been linked to genital warts, penile, anal, throat, head and neck cancer, the Daily Mail reported.
"Data used to model sexual behaviour are out of date, and factors such as the recent introduction of dating apps may have led to significant changes in behaviour over the last few years, which have not been taken into account" the British Dental Association (BDA) told The Sun....