Mushroom Soup Recipes
Deccan Chronicle.| Deccan Chronicle
If you are a soup lover, then mushroom soups are something you can't resist. Here are the top 10 simple mushroom soup recipes you and your family will love.
Whether you are looking for mushroom soup recipes for guests or your kids who need healthy evening snacks, these are your go-to options.
Mushroom is one of those few foods that have the power to blend well with just about any vegetable or dish seamlessly. It can bring the best out of a simple, boring recipe. Just add a couple of mushrooms, and your recipe will taste delicious. Not only for foods, but you can also prepare many mushroom soups using just the basic ingredients available in nearly all kitchens.
Below we have listed the top 10 delicious and simple mushroom soup recipes that everyone in your family will love. Whether you are looking for mushroom soup recipes for guests or your kids who need healthy evening snacks, these are your go-to options.
10 Delicious Mushroom Soup Recipes
The following mushroom soup recipes are the most delicious ones that are easy to make at home and super-tasty. So let’s check them out:
1. Hungarian Mushroom Soup
There are two benefits of trying this mushroom soup recipe — it’s easy to prepare, and it tastes incredibly delicious. If you have tried Hungarian food before, you may know about Paprika. It’s the must-add ingredient for nearly all types of Hungarian cuisines. The same is added to this soup recipe too. The several herbs give it a lovely aromatic touch, while paprika in this creamy
mushroom soup adds an amazing flavor. It takes 30 mins to cook and contains only 360 calories.
Chicken or vegetable stock for those trying a vegetarian mushroom recipe
Soy sauce cream
How to Cook
Cook chopped onions and 1lb sliced mushrooms in medium heat in the oven for at least 10-15 minutes.
Add soy sauce, dried dill, paprika, and chicken or vegetable stock to the dish and cook it in the hot boiling water until the liquid's consistency becomes thicker.
Add 1 cup of whole milk and 3 tbsp flour to another bowl. Whisk for a few minutes until you get a smooth consistency, and then pour it into the soup.
Let it cook for 10 minutes on medium heat.
Add lemon juice and cream to the soup. Stir well in low heat
Garnish it with parsley and mint leaves
2. Tomato Mushroom Soup
Tomato soups are people’s favorite for a good reason. To make it tastier, combine it with mushrooms and get a guest-ready soup. This warming and comforting recipe make quite a delicious starter for those cold and cozy nights when all you need is a touch of warmth in your food.
Salt, pepper, and parsley
How to Cook
Get small slices of a half onion
Use a dutch oven and turn the heat to medium (You can also use a saucepan)
Melt butter put garlic in the pan, and add sliced onions
Once you see a smooth consistency, add chicken broth, vinegar, pepper, salt, and tomato paste. Mix these ingredients well and add small amounts of water to stir well.
Let it boil for 10-20 minutes in low heat.
Serve it in a bowl and garnish this tomato mushroom soup recipe with Parsley and grated cheese.
3. Creamy Mushroom Soup
There is an incredible connection between mushrooms and cream. Both ingredients blend really well and improve the taste of the soup or whatever cuisine you prepare using this blend. A creamy mushroom is your go-to, soft, and creamy soup recipe that can keep you full. We will use Chef John’s creamy mushroom soup recipe in this post. It’s easy to cook and requires fewer ingredients.
2 packages of fresh mushrooms
1 onion sliced
Salt and black pepper
How to Cook
1. Put 1 large piece in a Dutch oven and heat it until it melts
2. Add salt and mushroom and fry these ingredients for 5 minutes
3. For the next 15 minutes, you must stir these ingredients continuously until you get a thin-juice-like consistency.
4. Add onion slices and cook them on medium heat until it turns slightly brown.
5. Add all-purpose flour to the oven and stir for 2-3 minutes until it’s absorbed into the liquid.
6. Add chicken broth (3-4 cups) and slowly add water. You can also put thyme for taste but remove it after 2-3 minutes of cooking.
7. Cook it for one hour and stir whipped cream.
8. Add salt and pepper
9. Garnish this creamy mushroom soup recipe with thyme leaves and sliced mushrooms
4. Mushroom Vegetable Soup
Full of healthy and delicious flavor, this light and warm mushroom soup recipe is super satisfying. If you want a soup recipe filled with plenty of greens and mushrooms, try this recipe. It is gluten-free, vegan, and made of superfoods that won’t only satisfy your kids’ hunger pangs but offer many health benefits to your family. One of the best parts we love about this recipe is that it’s the easiest to cook. Of all mushroom recipes mentioned on this list, this one requires minimum ingredients, takes only a couple of minutes to cook, and is filled with many delicious flavors that give you an Asian feel.
A few fresh mushrooms
Apple cider vinegar
How to Cook
1. Grab a saucepan and saute garlic and onion until onion turns translucent
2. Add all the ingredients to the pan and stir thoroughly until they are mixed well
3. Give it 15 minutes to simmer properly
4. Check the consistency of mushrooms and the vegetable broth
5. Garnish with thyme leaves
5. Creamy Chicken and Mushroom Soup
Cream and mushroom is the best combination. Add chicken to this soup recipe and your protein-packed dish is ready for lunch. Enjoy the softness of chicken with the creamy flavor in your soup. This easy-to-make and flavor-packed recipe is your go-to dish for days when you need an energy boost.
Butter, salt, and pepper
Parsley and rosemary
Boneless chicken thighs
How to Cook
1. Pour 1 tablespoon olive oil in the Dutch oven and heat it in the medium flame.
2. Sprinkle some salt and pepper on chicken thighs and put it in the Dutch oven. Cook it for 2-3 minutes until it turns a litte brown.
3. Put garlic, onions, carrots, and celery to the oven and stir it with thyme until you smell the fragrance.
4. For the next 5 minutes, you need to whisk flour, chicken thighs, and bay leaf until you see a thick consistency.
5. Add equal parts of whole milk and cream until you get your desired consistency. Stir well.
6. Garnish it with thyme, rosemary, and parsley before serving.
6. Chinese-Style Mushroom Soup
Made of just 8 ingredients, this Chinese mushroom soup is your go-to side dish for lunch and dinner. To get the best flavors of mushroom in this soup, all you need to do is saute them until they turn light brown. Unlike the western soups, this Chinese-style button soup has a thin consistency. For those who want something different from those creamy mushroom soup recipes, this one is for you. It can be used as an appetizer before lunch, but you can make it a
meal itself by adding eggs. This will turn this button mushroom soup into a protein-rich meal.
How to Cook
1. Grab 8 ounces of button mushrooms, wash them with tap water to remove dirt and impurities.
2. Heat a soup pot in medium flame and add 2 tbsps of vegetable oil
3. Put mushrooms and the stamps you have detached from these button mushrooms
4. Cook it until the mushrooms and stems turn brown. Make sure you don’t stir. The mushrooms do not need stirring to be fried.
5. Once the mushrooms turn brown, add some soy sauce and let it cook in the medium heat for 5-7 minutes. Add salt and simmer for a few more seconds until you achieve a good consistency.
6. Cilantor and scallions can be used for garnishing.
7. Mushroom and Wild Rice Soup
The thicker consistency of this delicious soup recipe makes it a healthy, protein-rich meal for those who need light food. This nutty mushroom soup tastes delicious on a cold day. If you are looking for some feel-good food recipes, give this one a shot. Chewy wild rice and fresh mushrooms make an amazing combination.
How to Cook
1. Prepare the wild rice in a sauce pan. Add thyme, garlic, water, and salt to taste. Add wild rice and simmer for 30 minutes.
2. Soften the mushroom by putting them in the boiling water
3. In the sauce pan, put shallots, tomato paste, and garlic
4. Fry them for a short while and then add boiled mushrooms
5. Add flour
6. Add vegetable broth and the boiling water from porcini
7. Put wild rice and stir the mixture for 10 more minutes
8. Take the pan out of the heat and pour 1-2 tbsps of soy sauce and cream
8. Mexican Mushroom Soup
This recipe includes mushroom soup served with the fish. You can skip the fish, but it tastes better and makes great pair with this soup. The dish is made of oyster mushrooms that give your soup a delicious umami flavor. You can also spice it up with chilli peppers. Chicken stock gives it a thick consistency. Overall, it is your protein-packed, flavor-rich, and delicious mushroom soup that make a great dish for all occasions.
One large onion
How to Cook
1. Mix chicken broth with garlic and onion
2. Get fresh button mushrooms and take the stems out
3. Put vegetable oil on a sauce pan or a dutch oven, and heat it for a few minutes
4. Put mushrooms and cook it for at least 30 minutes
5. You need to keep stirring until mushrooms turn a bit darker
6. Once it turns brown, add chicken broth and garlic paste
7. Put epazote
8. Let everything get mixed and heated for 5 minutes. You can cover the pot and lower the flame.
9. Garnish it with limes and mint leaves
9. Wild Mushroom and Walnut Soup
Mushroom and walnut might look like an odd combination, but trust us, this recipe will be super delicious when you cook it following our instructions. The recipe includes sage and thyme, the ingredients that make walnut blend well with mushroom, giving us this refreshing and healthy soup. Lemon and dry sherry give it unique flavors. Walnuts make this dish a perfect snack-time recipe. Satisfy your hunger pangs with this creamy wild mushroom and walnut soup that come packed with many essential nutrients.
How to Cook
1. In a saucepan, put butter with vegetable herbs and garlic
2. In the meantime, put mushrooms in a container with boiling water and keep the jar closed for 15-30 minutes
3. Put this water and mushrooms into the saucepan with the vegetables
4. Add salt to taste and let the ingredients get cooked in low flame for at least an hour
5. Add mushrooms, lemon juice, and sherry and stir for 15-20 minutes.
10. Mushroom Chickpea Soup
Last but not least, the mushroom chickpea soup is your best option if you are looking to clear out your fridge from yesterday’s leftovers. You can put just about any ingredient in it, including carrots, potatoes and other vegetables.
Carrots, onions, peas, cabbage, and other vegetables
Sugar and other sweeteners
How to Cook
1. Heat oil in a sauce pan and put onions and garlic
2. Cook it medium flame until it turns darker. At this post, you can add mushrooms and stir it with the onions.
3. Add all veggies and cook it for 10-15 minutes
4. Put chickpeas and cook for additional 5 minutes
5. Add soya sauce, vinegar, and salt for taste
These were the top mushroom soup recipes you can try at home. Gather the ingredients from a supermarket and try the above recipes for your guests, kids, and family. We are sure they will love it.