Mangoes are not only tasty, but that the “king of fruits” can help you more ways than you can imagine. It turns out that mangoes have some serious health benefits.
They not only prevent cancer and lower cholesterol butt also clears skin and is healthy for the eyes.
Furthermore, the generous amounts of vitamin C and vitamin A in mangoes, plus 25 different kinds of carotenoids keep immune system healthy as well.
We share two recipes made with mangoes that takes the fruit to a whole new level.
Bring those dessert spoons out and get ready to taste a dessert that is quite simply put wonderful! Two slabs of chocolate-chips riddled chocolate biscuits fortify a delicious spongey, cakey mixture of white chocolate, cream, condensed milk, eggs and the hero of the season – mango.
- Icing Sugar - 50gms
- Butter - 100gms
- Flour - 150
- Cocoa Powder - 30gms
- Casto Sugar - 10gms
- Dark choco-chip - 10gms
For the filling
- White chocolate - 200gms
- Flour - 50gms
- Butter - 400gms
- Castor sugar - 350gms
- Eggs - 6
- Fresh Cream - 200gms
- Condensed milk - 400gms
- Mango pulp - 200gms
- Vanilla Essence - 30ml
- Grease a baking tray, cover the tray with butter paper and grease it again.
- Mix all the ingredients mentioned for the filling and pour the mixture on to the greased butter paper.
- Bake it at 165°C -170°C for 35-45mins. On baking, cool it completely and cut it to a neat rectangular block.
- To make the cookie base, mix flour, cocoa powder, butter. Add the castor sugar and mix well. 5. Add the choco-chip and bake the mixture till done. Take it out of the oven and cut the cookie into two rectangular shapes and set aside.
- Place the cookies on either the sides of the mango cake, to resemble a sandwich. Chill the bourbon for a few minutes before serving.
Mango Brownie and Cheescake
Did you know cheesecake may have been created on the Greek island of Samos?
Cheese mould as old as 2,000 BC was excavated by anthropologists on the island leading one to believe that cheese was in full-fledged production at the time.
We’ve got the regular and the seasonal together to create a belter of a dessert.
A rich, chocolatey slab of brownie bears a creamy mango cheesecake riddled with diced mango. A delicate glaze of mango pulp with a spoonful of cherry compote by the side completes this celebration of mangoes and chocolate.
- Brownie - 100gms
- Water - 300ml
- Oil - 150ml
- For cheesecake mix
- Cream cheese - 250gms
- Cornflour - 10gms
- Cream - 25ml
- Eggs - 150gms
- Sugar - 100gms
- Mango pulp - 50gms
- Prepare a base of brownie mixture (as per the recipe). Bake it completely and cool it.
- Pour the cheese cake mixture over the base. Place the mango chunks over the cheese cake mix. Bake using a water-bath until done.
- Chill and apply a layer of glace, mixed with gel, cut into triangle wedges ( refer image) and serve with cherry compote on the side.
The mango recipes have been shared by Freshmenu.com.