With the temperature rising, there’s no other scrumptious way to keep cool than indulging in some summer desserts.
Lychees are rich in antioxidant vitamin C, with more than 100 per cent of the recommended daily amount of vitamin C in one cup.
Furthermore they have one of the highest concentrations of polyphenols among fruits, including rutin, a bioflavonoid known to strengthen blood vessels and certain compounds in lychee seeds have shown powerful anti-viral activity, including against coxsackie virus and herpes simplex virus
Chef Choong Chew Loon of Royal China, New Delhi shares the recipe of an amazing Lychee with Ice cream that is not only healthy but will leave your taste buds craving for more and body refresheningly cool.
Lychee with Ice cream
- 500g Litchi
- 1 1/2 Cup Whipping Cream1
- Cup Condensed Milk
- Start with peeling 500 grams of Litchi, deseed and add to a mixer grinder.
- Pulse it till the time litchis are blitzed into little bits and chunks and look creamy and smooth or like a coarse paste.
- Alternatively, you can blend half litchis into a smooth paste, and the rest can be chopped fine.
- Take a bowl, add 1 1/2 cups of whipping cream to it. Whip to stiff peaks.
- Add the condensed milk and the blended litchis. Mix once, and fold all the ingredients together.
- Freeze the ice cream mixture for 6-8 hours. You may mix the ice cream bottom to top to ensure all the litchi bits are involved well.
Once frozen, scoop out, spoon in and indulge!