To celebrate the occasion of Chinese New Year, Royal China is featuring a Cantonese cuisine special Chinese New Year menu with delicious Crispy Aromatic Duck and Dim Sum among other offerings from February 16.
With a contemporary take on traditional Cantonese cuisine, Royal China has prepared a range of exclusive dishes to satiate Chinese food cravings.
Their fascinating milieu coupled with a refreshing take on modern Cantonese cooking, is perfect for people who love exclusivity and everything royal.
Chef Choong Chew Loon, Royal China, New Delhi, shares three exotic dishes exclusively with us for everyone to enjoy the Chinese New Year.
Yee Shang – Traditional Salad
- 100gm edible oil
- ¼ sliced ginger
- 2 tb lukewarm water
- 2tb red salted ginger
- 1 cup carrot(tattered)
- 1 cup green apple(tattered)
- 1 cup cucumber (tattered)
- 1 turnip(tattered)
- 1tb chopped coriander
- Wonton wrappers
- Sesame oil
- Take oil in a saucepan and heat it approximately at 180 degrees.
- Now take wonton wrappers and fry them until they acquire a crispness. Take them out from a mesh skimmer and and let the oil drain from a paper towel.
- Arrange all the wonton wrappers and salad ingredients on a platter. Let it show its various colours around the platter.
- Sprinkle the vegetables with peanut, sesame oil and coriander leaves.place the rest of the ingredients in a bottle and merge it well.
Aubergine with Chicken
- 1 Aubergine, sliced 1cm thick
- ¼ cup Oil
- 8 Boneless chicken thighs, skinless
- 4 cloves Garlic
- 1 tsp Brown sugar
- 1 Lemon, freshly zested and juiced
- ½ cup Black olives
- 4 Tomatoes, large and ripe, cut into quarters
- 2 sprigs Fresh thyme, chopped
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Place aubergine slices into an ovenproof baking dish. Drizzle with 2 Tbsp oil and place in hot oven for 10 minutes to soften.
- Heat remaining oil in a frying pan and brown chicken on both sides. Place on top of aubergine.
- Add garlic, sugar, lemon zest and juice, olives and tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add thyme.
- Return to oven for 40 minutes until tomatoes soften and chicken juices run clear.
- Remove and serve hot with rice
- Potato - 2 medium
- Cabbage - 100 g
- Arbi – 2 small
- Carrot - 2
- 6 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 1 salt and pepper
- 25 g plain flour
- 1 egg large beaten
- 150 g white fresh breadcrumbs
- Oil - for deep frying.
- Chop the Potato, Carrot, Arbi and cabbage into small pieces. Roughly mash potatoes and vegetables and mix with sauce, adding salt and pepper to taste.
- Divide into 18 equal portions and form each into sausage-shaped croquettes.
- Roll each croquette in flour, egg and then breadcrumbs to coat
- Heat Oil in a large frying pan and gently shallow fry in batches until the croquettes are golden all over.
- Drain on kitchen paper before serving with a salad.
Meal for One: 2500 plus tax
On: 16th February for lunch and dinner
Time: 12.30pm -3.45pm & 7.30pm - 11.45 pm
Venue: Royal China, 16th Floor, Eros Corporate Tower, Nehru Place, New Delhi-11001...