Harish Closepet auditioned for MasterChef India, securing a place in the Top 12. (Image: DC)
Harish Closepet popularly known as Harry's Lunchbox is the co-founder of Itsy Bitsy- a creative craft store and a renowned chef recognised for his journey on MasterChef India 2023. Along with managing 36 stores of Itsy Bitsy across the nation, Harish is a civil engineer, who began his culinary adventure in Singapore, where he experimented with Indian cuisine.
What began as a heartfelt gesture of making lunchboxes for his daughter, Isha, soon transformed into a shared culinary passion as he started posting his lunchbox recipes on Instagram as "Harry’s Lunchbox". Harish’s story motivated people to join him on his culinary journey, captivating food enthusiasts and health-conscious individuals alike with his nutritious and creative dishes.
In an unexpected twist, at 58, Harish auditioned for MasterChef India, securing a place in the Top 12. His story illustrates the power of family and passion, showing that creativity knows no boundaries, and reiterating that ‘age is just a number’. The future of "Harry's Lunchbox" promises more as Harish continues his MasterChef journey and shares his culinary adventures with a growing audience. With an impressive social media following of over 6 lakh, Harish Closepet's life is a canvas filled with vibrant creativity and the rich flavours of culinary art.
Recipe number 1
Lunchbox name: The Ultimate Balance
Total calories: 700 calories
-It includes Peas Fritters, Sweet Potato Yoghurt Dip and Seasonal Fruits
1 cup cooked peas
1/2 cup atta (wheat flour)
1/4 cup rice flour
2 tablespoons fine rawa (semolina)
A pinch of chilli powder
Salt to taste
A handful of chopped coriander
Water (as needed)
1. In a mixing bowl, combine 1 cup of cooked peas, 1/2 cup atta (wheat flour), 1/4 cup rice flour, 2 tablespoons of fine rawa (semolina), a pinch of chilli powder, and salt to taste.
2. Add a handful of chopped coriander to the mixture.
3. Gradually add enough water to form a thick, smooth batter.
4. Heat an appe pan and add a bit of oil to each cavity.
5. Spoon the batter into the cavities and cook the fritters until they turn golden brown, making sure to turn them occasionally for even cooking.
Sweet Potato Yogurt Dip
1 cup cooked sweet potato
1/2 cup yogurt
A pinch of salt
A dash of jeera (cumin) powder
1. In a blender, combine 1 cup of cooked sweet potato and 1/2 cup of yoghurt.
2. Add a pinch of salt and a dash of jeera (cumin) powder for a flavorful twist.
3. Blend until you achieve a creamy and slightly tangy dip.
Lunchbox Tip: Complete your Balanced Delights Lunchbox with some fresh seasonal fruit, providing a healthy and refreshing accompaniment to your meal. Enjoy this balanced and delicious lunch!
Recipe number 2
Lunchbox Name: Italian Kiwi Fusion Lunchbox
Total calories: 600 calories
-It includes Juicy Tomato Pasta, Golden Kiwi Salad, and Ginger Garlic Herb Bread
Juicy Tomato Pasta
Select vegetables (as needed)
4 juicy tomatoes, chopped
50 ml of water
Italian spices (1/2 teaspoon)
Olives (as needed)
Salt to taste
Cooked pasta (100g)
1. Start by sautéing your choice of select vegetables and set them aside.
2. In the same pan, add 4 chopped juicy tomatoes and pour in 50 ml of water.
3. Simmer with the lid closed for 15 minutes.
4. Gently smash the tomatoes with a spatula and add the previously sautéed vegetables.
5. Add half a teaspoon of Italian spices and olives.
6. Mix everything with salt to taste.
7. Incorporate 100 g of cooked pasta.
8. Mix well and serve.
Golden Kiwi Salad
Iceberg lettuce (as needed)
Diced golden kiwi (as needed)
Dash of salt
Sprinkle of black chia
1. Prepare a refreshing Golden Kiwi Salad by chopping iceberg lettuce and mixing it with diced golden kiwi.
2. Add a dash of salt and a sprinkle of black chia.
3. Mix and serve this healthy and vibrant salad.
Ginger Garlic Herb Bread
Regular bread slices (as needed)
Drizzle of oil
Ginger garlic paste (to taste)
Chilli flakes (to taste)
Pinch of salt
1. Cut regular bread slices into fingers.
2. Drizzle a bit of oil over them, then add ginger garlic paste, chilli flakes, and a pinch of salt.
3. Mix it thoroughly by hand so that every piece gets marinated.
4. Place them on a heated pan and let them sit for 5 minutes.
5. Toss them after two minutes a few times until they are ready.
6. Enjoy your flavorful bread fingers!
Lunchbox Tip: Pair your Juicy Tomato Pasta with the Golden Kiwi Salad and Ginger Garlic Herb Bread for a delightful and unique lunchbox. Enjoy!