Did you know that apart from the toxins in our foods, leading to body inflammation, there are other ways with which we are poisoning ourselves and our family every day?
It is through our every-day skin care products!
The advertising works cleverly on our self body image issues and before we know it we have bought that expensive, lovely smelling cream, shampoo or hair oil to look like the model/actor who endorsed it.
We rarely check the ingredients to figure out what we are slathering on our skins and the effects that it can have on our skin and our health as a whole.
Here are the seven of the worst toxic ingredients, as listed by Pragati Anand co-Founder of BioBloom.com, one should avoid in their beauty products.
- Parabens: Preservative with anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties. It is also linked to breast cancer, hormone disruption, allergic reactions, and infertility.
- Petrochemicals: Petrochemicals are a carcinogen produced as a byproduct of the distillation of gasoline from crude oil and are toxic to the nervous system. Petrochemicals suffocate and age the skin and disrupt the skin's ability to eliminate toxins.
- Artificial/Synthetic Colours: Artificial colours are carcinogenic.
- Artificial/Synthetic Fragrance: Artificial fragrances are also considered to be among the top five known allergens and are known to both cause and trigger asthma attacks. And they are linked to immune system damage, sensitization, brain damage, hormone disruption, and cancer.
- Sodium Lauryl Sulfate and Sodium Laureth Sulfate: These ingredients are detergents and surfactants and are known to damage the skin's immune system by causing the layers to separate, inflame and age. They also allow up to 40% more toxins to enter the body through the skin and contribute to yeast infections and hair thinning. These ingredients build up in the heart, liver, lungs and brain.
- Triclosan: Triclosan is a synthetic antibacterial ingredient registered as a pesticide. It causes cancer in humans. It's often used in hand sanitizers.
- Phthalates: Phthalates are used in combination with artificial fragrances as a solubilizer. Phthalates are a known endocrine disruptor, which mean they mimic hormones and cause reproductive and neurological damage.
Switching from chemically laden products to natural skin/personal care products is the first and the most important step you can take to improve your skin and actually nourish it with natural and real ingredients. You can notice a difference in less than a month!...