The new age brides like to experiment and venture out into breaking stereotypes yet standing true to the traditional cultural ceremonies of marriage. Here are our top five wedding hacks that one can follow this wedding season:
- Choose your wedding trousseau with a motif that defines the kind of bride you are. 2016 is big on ensembles that revolve around eternal wedding motifs such as palki and elephants embroidery in traditional zardozi in cool English colour palette.
- Let’s talk about colours now. It’s time you leave behind the monotonous reds and pinks and opt for interesting combinations like royal blues with traditional peacock motifs or multi-coloured floral thread work embroidery, etc. Go for warm oranges, interesting beiges, muted tones that will further add to the royal appeal of your ensemble.
- Patterns: 3D is in, so go for it! 3D butterflies in neutral tones on raw silk and outlined floral stems are a fresh break from the conventional heavy bridals. Mirror works and swarovski crystals are in vogue as well. Accessorise your ensemble with unusual additions like crowns, belts, tiaras, sashes, detachable collars and cuffs.
- Quirky pairing is in as well. Crop and skirt, jacket and lehenga, flared pants with long kurtas are some of the options perfect for “The Wanderlust Bride”.
- Ditch the staple round neck blouses and go for bardot blouses, capes, off-shoulders, bomber jackets as stylish alternatives.
The author is the co-owner of Ruceru along with her sister Rashi Agarwal