New Delhi: As the heat is on its way out thanks to our beloved weather monsoon, it's time we take a break from our everyday boring formals and try out new styles.
Here are some tips for women and men by Vaanee and Dheeraj Bhatia, Founders, Gritstones.
Tips for Monsoon Clothing for Women:
1. Try fresh light fabrics, bright colours like yellow, orange, red, pink, blue and some mixtures of fluorescent and electric colours
2. Light fabrics like cotton, chiffon, silk etc dry out quickly
3. The latest fashion bollywood celebs are sporting are culottes, playsuits, printed dresses, printed skirts, cigarette pants, coats and jackets.
4. A new trend of that has caught on is wearing short kurtis with leggings or churidar; long dupattas can be replaced with scarfs and stoles.
5. Wear a mix and match of dark leggings or churidars to remain dry and look fresh for the whole day.
6. Colourful jackets that are reversible and help up light up the monsoon.
7. Avoid jeans, long skirts, heavy material in this season.
8. Fancy umbrellas and jelly shoes are just some of the accessories that can help complete the attire
Tips for Monsoon Clothing for Men:
1. Look out for cotton shirts or casual printed shirts.
2. Cut sleeves T-shirts, vests, shirts would be perfect in the weather.
3. Shorts , Capri's are so attractive and easy to wear and look fantastic as they are short and make it easier when travelling about in the rain.
4. Athletes who are into running, football, cricket etc wear DRY FIT mechanized clothes as they are very comfortable and dry off sweat very fast and can be worn in monsoon season
5. Keep handy a waterproof bag, waterproof watch, umbrella and flip flops....