Sometimes, all we want is for our everyday outfits to look a little sexier. This season it’s all about slits on gowns, skirts, maxis, palazzos and even on pants and jeans. You can sport a slit for almost any occasion.
A slit in your dress that shows off a bit of skin and leg adds the oomph and glam factor to any outfit. It amps up the sexiness of any design without trying too hard.
How to pull off the slit style
A structured black blazer looks hot and sexy. Pair with a high-slit skirt and this will be perfect for quick outing with the gals or an office cocktail party. You could also go the boho way for a casual brunch with an off-shoulder crop top or a tube top paired with high slit maxi skirt and fringe shoulder bag.
How to show off your legs with the slit
1. Be confident with the length of the slit on the garment.
2. Slit could be at the side, center or behind. When you pose, ensure the leg with slit is put forward so that it is visible.
3. Moisture your legs or try a shimmery cream, so it shines and glitters adding the bling factor.
4. Leg accessories can be an added advantage if carried properly.
Short girls and the Slit
Usually for short women, a maxi is no-no as it will make you look more shorter. But, by showing a part of your leg through a side slit it can make you look taller. It is all about the way you carry, the right cut and fitting. You can choose stripes, vertical lines, especially for dresses, trousers with slit. You can pair the outfit with appropriate heels.
Things to watch out for!
1. Whenever you are planning to stitch or re-engineer a dress to have a thigh slit, make sure that the fabric is free flowing and light weight.
2. Keep your entire outfit sleek and streamlined by choosing a lightweight, low-profile sandal or heel. Don’t pick pumps or wedges for slits.
3. You could define your waist line with a belt or waist accessories. This makes the slit more evident and classy.
4. Choose an appropriate neckline. Either go for a tube top or statement neckline.
5. For dresses with a slit, it should be tailored to match body measurements, to avoid wrinkles. Ensure that there is no extra space for the garment to move or lift.
— The writer is a celebrity designer for Sandalwood...