Diwali is the time for women to dress up in all their finery to celebrate the festival of lights with zeal. In conversation with this correspondent, business women, designers and founders of Toile, Priti Jain and Farheen Rahman share their tips for women to look absolutely gorgeous during the fireworks and celebrations.
- There are multiple ways to look fashionable anytime, if you wear the right stuff and pair with the right things.
- Mix and match all your Indian wear separates to create completely new looks.
- Buy versatile pieces like a black skirt that you can wear in multiple ways with different types of tops.
- Invest in good materials keeping the weather in mind.
- Make sure your base essentials are in place.
- Wear statement accessories to intensely make any look fashionable.
- Mix print on print, or try colour blocking, try going monotone.
- Make full use of jewellery this Diwali, like oxidised silver jewellery.
- Layer whenever possible; try different capes and jackets to add drama to your looks.
- Try bling in the festive season, it’s the season to experiment and go OTT.
- Try making indo-western looks with palazzo pants and white shirts and throw over an Indian cape over it.
- Try the long tassel/fringe trend in your outfit.
- The power shoulder trend can be included this Diwali in you ensemble.
- Bright colours are always a hit in the festive season.
- So are big bold prints in the bright shades.
- This season is also seeing a few pastels doing the rounds, in anarkalis and lehengas.
- The crop top, palazzo and cape trend is a fail safe option for any occasion.
- Switch your normal salwar with the dhoti pants or even dhoti skirts!
- Ruffles in dupattas and sees are also a big trend this year.
- Big bold accessories like earrings and belts are also doing the rounds.
- One trend we can't miss for sure is the desi version of fanny packs/bum bags that you can wear with lehengas and sarees.